dixit game creation

8 messages, 1 pages:  1 ↖ Go back to topic list

Score: +4

1. Carlos2000,

Dixit:

Dixit is a board game created in 2008 by Jean-Louis Roubira in which the objective is to guess a card from clues that are given in the form of a phrase or narrative (hence the name of the game). Dixit has been awarded numerous awards, including the Game of the Year in Spain in the 2009 edition1 and the Spiel des Jahres in 2010.

The game mechanics consist of the narrator choosing one of his six cards and, without any of the other players seeing it, saying a story related to the drawing on the card. Then each player chooses a card from their hand that is related to the narrator's story and they are all shuffled so that it is not known who each card belongs to. Therefore, the difficulty of the game lies in giving clues of balanced difficulty, to prevent everyone or none from guessing it. The rest of the players get points if they guess the narrator's card correctly or if another player has voted for their card.

The cards contain images that can support a large number of stories, and with expansions you can acquire new cards to make each game different.

Game rules
The game, in which 3 to 6 people can play, is made up of different rounds to add points, until one player reaches the goal. In each round (in which each player has six cards), a different person is the narrator, that is, the one who tells the story and throws a card for them to guess. Therefore, the player whose turn is the narrator looks at his cards and, choosing one, has to construct a phrase that defines the card he has chosen.

The narrator, after announcing his premise, will place said card face down on the table. The rest of the players must look for a card in their hand that corresponds as closely as possible to the phrase that the narrator has said and also put it face down on the table. These cards are shuffled and... let the game begin!

But be careful! If everyone gets it right because it's too easy, the narrator doesn't earn points.

After each round, the points are added up and someone else becomes the narrator.

How to count on the board?
If all players match the storyteller's card, or if none of the players match it, all players except the storyteller earn 2 points.
Also, if your card was voted because it resembled the narrator's premise you earn a point.
Whoever gets the narrator's card right has one more point. And so, little by little, the bunnies (the pieces) advance on the board.

Rules for 3 players
It is played with the original rules, with the following modifications:

Each player is dealt 7 cards instead of 6.
Each player, except the narrator, puts two cards on the table instead of one.

Rules for more than six players (Dixit Odyssey)
5 cards are dealt per player.
Before looking at his cards, the narrator says a random phrase. All players, including the narrator, choose the card they think best fits the clue.
Once the cards have been seen, the narrator has the opportunity to secretly "throw away" one of them.
All players, including the narrator, vote on the card they think best fits the given clue.
Each player, including the narrator, receives as many points as players have voted for the same card as him, up to a maximum of 5 points. If you vote on the drawn card, you receive zero points.
After assigning the points, the players discard their cards and each of them is dealt 5 new cards.
The new narrator becomes the player to the left of the previous one.
The game ends when all players have been narrator once.

HYPERLINK "https://www.20minutos.es/noticia/4934049/0/todo-sobre-dixit-el-juego-de-mesa-que-arrasa-en-todo-el-mundo-reglas-expansiones-disponibles-y-mucho-mas/"
https://www.20minutos.es › noticia › todo-sobre-dixit-e...

HYPERLINK "https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dixit_(juego_de_mesa)"
https://es.wikipedia.org › wiki › Dixit_(juego_de_mesa)

Score: +1

2. glad,

wow! its a nice game and I think It can be implement.

Score: +0

3. Nikola,

Hello,
this game sounds very interesting, and I am personally a fan of such social games.

However, this one seems to rely quite a lot on having a voice conversation. It feels like we would lose a lot if it was just typing on the Playroom.

Maybe i'm wrong though, the rules at least make it seem that way.

Score: +2

4. Carlos2000,

Hello:

The truth is that this game seems to me to increase creativity a lot, I think we should not miss the opportunity for it to be implemented; We are not just talking about a game, but from my personal point of view, we are talking about an opportunity to develop and be creative.

5. glad,

but it does not answer the question nikola asked weather we need to talk and if we type in playroom do we looze or don't understand the game properly.

Score: -1

6. dhegwork-adakly,

Hello, I like the suggestion. And I don't see what the problem is, players can decide whether to talk through an external app or type in the chat. The second may take longer, but I don't think the stories are so long as to take up minutes in each round. Regarding whether you lose or do not understand because it is text, whichever option you choose, writing or speaking does not affect the game. THE game does not need to know the story, just who voted for each card to determine the results. So whether you understand it depends on how well the players communicate and each person's ability to deduce which card the narrator played.

7. Carlos2000,

Hello: well, here the discussion focuses on whether it can be played out loud or virtually; Honestly, if that's the problem, then I guess everyone in the room would prefer to play each and every game like dominoes, broomstick, etc. in person. Cards vs. Humanity could also be played in person without any problem; All I'm saying is that this game seems creative to me, to a certain extent different.

8. Nikola,

Hello,
I never disagreed with you, in fact in my post 3 I already say that this game is very interesting.

However, you can't compare my concerns here to Dominoes or Scopa. In such games, you are just playing cards on the table, whether it is in real or online doesn't make a difference. Technically speaking you don't need to exchange a single message with your opponent and the game can progress perfectly. Of course the goal is usually to be more social on the Playroom, but it's not strictly mandatory. Some can prefer even such games in real, but that just falls under personal preference at this point.

There is a different category of games I called social games in my post, Cards against Humanity falls under that category. Of course even these games can be played without any communication with your opponents, but it is usually dull and quite boring. The Little exam falls under a similar category. Usually they are much more dynamic and fun if you talk with your opponents.

Thus, I've said in my post that I'm not sure if we lose a lot by having only the Playroom text chat by default in this game, when it seems to be based on telling a story. Of course this is just a user opinion, and I'm not refusing your idea nor saying that it's bad, in fact I haven't even disagreed with your game suggestion. At the end the developer will take a look at the rules and decide if its worth pursuing or not.

Thanks for your answers in any case and for proposing an interesting idea.

Score: +2

8 messages, 1 pages:  1 ↖ Go back to topic list

Answer to topic

You must be connected in order to be allowed to post.

Lost password ? Create account