getting the attention of the administrators!

5 messages, 1 pages:  1 ↖ Go back to topic list

Score: +0

1. CathyAnne,

It's totally outrageous that you have to only be able to talk to the staff only when you are not playing a game. If you are playing a game, you should have that option added to the game list options at evey menu. That is in case something goes wrong. Also, you should allow the option to have transcripts of the games by email as well as having history in a file.

2. Emerald,

Hi you must be new here because you can totally still contact administrators while in a game. It’s in the table settings. I’ve done it many times.
Hope you figure it out.

Score: +1

3. Nikola,

Hello,
in addition to what Emerald said correctly about the option being in the table menu, keep in mind that as long as you have a keyboard, you can use the F4 key to chat with the staff. If you use the Web client, the table menu is the last item in the actions toolbar, on the Windows client, it can be opened with the F2 key.

About the transcripts, files are much more practical than spamming your email. You can just save and store them anywhere you wish.

Score: +2

Last edited by Nikola, Jul 7 2024 23:23:45

4. dhegwork-adakly,

You can also save the histories to files.

5. Aminiel,

Hello,

First of all, please stop posting messages with such a title. It doesn't say anything about its contents, and it agressively draws attention for nothing when there is really no need to react so urgently.
Be also careful with your vocabulary. There isn't anything outrageous here: I see no insult, no bad behavior, really nothing justifying such a word.
OF course you can give your opinion, make suggestions and ask questions, but there is no need to be so agressive.

About calling the staff, previous answers have already told you how to do it while you are in a game.
While I admit that it isn't very practical, especially when you are on a phone without keyboard, I generally tried to sort action buttons by their usefulness or usage frequency. During a game, it's thus perfectly normal to find game related actions first, and then only more general table options.

For your second question, transcripts by e-mail have already been asked a few times and no, this feature will never be available, for at least two reasons:

1. We don't store the full history of messages on the server. We don't store chat messages, nor game progress. All messages are gone out of our control once they are sent. So it's technically completely impossible to create and send a transcript by e-mail.
  2. We have already regularely problems with sending e-mails because we are sending a lot of them, and we aren't a big company with big means to ensure all nowadays thight requirements, so our e-mails are often blocked by anti spams for no reason. We already stopped sending forum post notifications for this reason. So this would be a very bad move to send transcripts. It's important to keep using e-mails only where they are really important and really needed, for new registrations or lost passwords for example.

By the way, I have a question: how such transcripts by e-mail are useful ? I admit that I'm quite perplex on its real usefulness myself:

• For chat / personal messages, it's certainly a lot more efficient to write a summary of the chat conversation elsewhere, for example in a to do list, or to put a reminder on your phone, in your agenda, or to use permanent messages to make sure the whole conversion is kept if you so wish. There has never been any transcript feature on IRC, in ICQ, MSN, Skype or whatever.
  • To remember a passed game, it's quite difficult if not impossible to fully reconstruct the situation and its progress solly with the plain text of the messsages. For example, for card games, it's thedious to find out back what you had in your hand. For pure strategy games like chess, it's much more efficient to have a list of the moves in a standard format like algebraic notation, which is also proposed by the playroom.

Score: +1

Last edited by Aminiel, Jul 8 2024 07:36:38

5 messages, 1 pages:  1 ↖ Go back to topic list

Answer to topic

You must be connected in order to be allowed to post.

Lost password ? Create account