Questions about channels and views

4 messages, 1 pages:  1 ↖ Go back to topic list

Score: +0

1. slannon,

If this is the wrong forum, please move this. I've been experimenting with the various channel, view, and privacy settings. Are they saved to your account, or do they only remain local to the device you've configured them on? What's the difference between normal and notification when selecting the type of sound?

Last edited by slannon, Jul 14 2024 01:41:43

2. Nikola,

Hello,
I've moved it to suggestions and comments since this is about the Playroom itself.

To answer your question, channel and view settings are not saved to your account. They are rather specific to the Windows client settings, or your browser cache/cookies if you're on the web client.

On the other hand, privacy settings are saved to your account, and they apply whether you connect from the Windows or the Web client. In fact they're the only item in the options menu (apart from the language) that's not client-specific.

Regarding the sounds question, basically, you have three volumes you can adjust:

• Sounds: This normally affects game and interface sounds.
  • Notifications: This affects private messages, chats, table messages, friends, and anything that notifies about different events.
  • Streams and music: Should be self-explanatory.

In each channel, you can change its sound type, for example from notifications to standard, which will affect where that channel plays its sounds. To be honest I haven't found any reason to do that myself, but you may have a use for it and hopefully you now understand better what it does.

Score: +1

Last edited by Nikola, Jul 14 2024 01:46:31

3. slannon,

Thank you. What's the difference between normal and notification for the sound type setting?

4. Nikola,

Just edited my post 2 to answer that, since you added that question while I was writing my post. I'll quote the relevant part below:

Regarding the sounds question, basically, you have three volumes you can adjust:

• Sounds: This normally affects game and interface sounds.
  • Notifications: This affects private messages, chats, table messages, friends, and anything that notifies about different events.
  • Streams and music: Should be self-explanatory.

In each channel, you can change its sound type, for example from notifications to standard, which will affect where that channel plays its sounds. To be honest I haven't found any reason to do that myself, but you may have a use for it and hopefully you now understand better what it does.

Score: +1

4 messages, 1 pages:  1 ↖ Go back to topic list

Answer to topic

You must be connected in order to be allowed to post.

Lost password ? Create account