Dance music, drum&bass, music venues and accessibility

5 messages, 1 pages:  1 ↖ Go back to topic list

Score: +4

1. Paddy_Irishman,

Hello playroom,

First of all, I have been a member of the platform for many years, and absolutely love it. Great games, and I’ve made some fantastic connections too. Thanks always to the Playroom team.
Now, to the topic at hand. Like most of you, I’m blind and sometimes travel abroad alone to go to dance music events, particularly drum&bass/jungle events. It’s not the sort of thing that my friends are into, and most solo attendees mingle and meat other like-minded people at these events themselves. As most of you can imagine, as a blind person, mingling in a noisy, crowded club can be hard to do, hencewhy for now I attend solo. Therefore I am mostly rely on having to request Assistance at the clubs I go to.
Now, to my questions: my first, out of curiosity, is whether there are any other drum&bass/jungle heads on the platform, and if so, let’s connect! My second is whether any of you would happen to know of dance music clubs or venues in the UK or in Europe, which are good for providing sighted assistance? I know many are good for giving carer tickets, but that’s not what I’m looking for on this occasion. As a side note, I asked for sighted assistance from Ministry of Sound, the well-known superclub in London, and they were incredible!
Please and thank you all in advance for your answers.

Score: +0

Last edited by Paddy_Irishman, Aug 21 2024 21:14:33

2. majoz,

Hey there! Nice to know that I'm not the only VI person into d&b or edm. :D As for music clubs, I don't visit them alone, since yeah, it wouldn't really work, so I'm rather mostly into listening music at home or with friends. But I'd love to go to a d&b concert one day, though I think the only possibility is again with some friends. I'm sure I wouldn't get any help from the club staff, and I don't even want to request it. I'd like to enjoy the event on my own or with friends, not with an unknown person by my side. If you want, we can get in touch and talk about this to share experience / ideas, and see if we have some artists we like in common. :) Looking forward! Cheers.

3. Paddy_Irishman,

Will PM you man. Thanks for reachin out :)

4. GeorgeWu,

I like listening to dance and electronic music including drum and bass.

5. Emrah20,

Hello. I listen sometimes Drum & bass, but not often.

5 messages, 1 pages:  1 ↖ Go back to topic list

Answer to topic

You must be connected in order to be allowed to post.

Lost password ? Create account