Roleplaying for the blind

12 messages, 1 pages:  1 ↖ Retour à la liste des sujets

Score: +2

1. GracefulSwan,

Hi, friends. As a blind woman with a mental illness, I have often sought out roleplaying games like muds as a creative way to explore a world beyond my home. However, the only mud client available for my android phone is Nexus, the app created by Iron Realms. I have had to hunt down text strewn around the output window, so I gave up. Besides, I hate hack and slash. If anyone can recommend a roleplay world with serious character development I would be grateful. I really enjoying exploring the dungeons and dragons rules on BARD, but I have yet to find an accessible android app capable of handling a d20. I would also like advice on letting my character be separate from me as well as well as enjoying the game while avoiding burnout.

Score: +0

2. Emerald,

Most are online so you’d need a pc. As far as I know

3. Eithan,

Greetings, fellow roleplayer.

D&D is a great outlet to explore the bounds of creativity, and I definitely recommend it 100%. It is very freeing. I have been both a DM and a player. As for rolling dice on your phone, try downloading an app called natural 20 lite. I hear it's accessible, though I usually play through Discord and discord bots to roll dice.

The effect you mention feeling between you and your character is a common phenomenon called Bleed: The Spillover Between Player and Character. Here is a great article to explain it and make proper use of it to help you mentally as well.

https://nordiclarp.org/2015/03/02/bleed-the-spillover-between-player-and-character/

If you need help or want to find games to participate in, I will be glad to help. Simply send me a message, either directly when I'm online or in my inbox, and I will do my best to be of assistance.

Cheers!

Score: +2

4. Mohammedradwan2003,

Is this a mud I can connect to and such? I'd be interested to try this out. I love this.

Score: +1

5. GracefulSwan,

Iron Realms Entertainment has three muds open currently. I would not recommend them, however. They claim to be free in order to lure you in, but after you spend your starting lessons, the quickest way to get a refill is to use real world money to buy them from your chosen game. I assume they use this income to pay for equipment and expenses, so I support the goal in my heart. But my eventual goal is to find a satisfying work and get off social security, so funneling money into Iron Realms will not cut it. To make matters worse, the Mud connector has not been updated since July of last year, which leads me to the sad conclusion that games in this genre are dying. I entertained the idea of MUD admin for many years, CoffeeMud being my favorite codebase, but I do not have money to put toward hosting fees. I love roleplaying, and hope to find a fun world soon.

6. glad,

4 dimentions sounds like a nice game but I cant connect through vip mud. but it sounds nice.

Dernière édition par glad, 18.08.2024 12:53

7. BlueTardisz,

Hmm, let's see, the ones that have serious character development are a few space muds, like Star conquest. I am not sure of other game generes, though, so if someone has ideas, they can share them.

8. GracefulSwan,

I played Star Conquest and Miriani before, and both are lacking for me. Star Conquest has a help file full of forbidden tropes, and your character profile may get turned down if you use one or more of them. I believe the hosts are stifling roleplay to what they can understand. As for Miriani, the policies require staying in character, but I have no immersion. Most people seem to race for license and combat points. I enjoy shopping and the kind of roleplay that does not involve being stunned for no reason.

9. john_smith,

Mudstats.com came back up recently which basically also lets you see how active muds are as well as well as you can be more specific when selecting a category so you can search by certain tv shows. Speaking of, how is the mud connector doing?

10. Sentinel,

There are lots of local groups in pretty much every city and country which meet to roleplay. I have considered starting a light roleplay here under a free table, because we have everything we need here for something simple. As for character bleed, one thing that we must all remember is that we put ourselves into our character. If we don't, there's no point in roleplaying, because we can't learn anything from a character entirely alien to us. However, it can be extremely detrimental to put ourselves as the character. What I mean is that people often try self-insertion into the roleplay. That can be dangerous for mental health, because then the character isn't a figment. It's you.

11. aims,

there's Prometheus, I've never really played it but I have friends who plays and they seems to enjoy it

12. Mohammedradwan2003,

yeah, Prometheus is cool. and VH does encourage character development as well but you'll face emersion issues. You can't be ooc on ic channels and in rooms for example.

12 messages, 1 pages:  1 ↖ Retour à la liste des sujets

Répondre au sujet

Vous devez être connecté pour pouvoir poster.

Mot de passe perdu ? Créer un compte