Duck racing!

95 messages, 4 pages: 1  2 3 4 ↖ Retour à la liste des sujets

Score: +0

1. Aminiel,

Hello all,

Nowadays more than never in these troubled times, a place like the Playroom appears to us as being essential. We are always present to provide you entertainment and pleasure, and we will always be.
That's why we aren't only very proud to have reached historical frequentation records, but additionally, we are extremely happy to present you a new game of our own creation: the duck's race!

As its name says, the principle is very simple: you are playing one of our so lovely birds and your objective is to be the first to reach the finish line.
However, don't be misstaken: your way is full of traps and your concurrents won't mind making your life hard.
Who's going to be the quickest? who's going to be smarter than his concurrents?

This new game has been entirely designed during this generalized confining. A great thank you to those who worked hard during the last two weeks.

Like any new game, there may be some malfunctionning, especially given that it has been designed in almost no time. Don't hesitate to report them in this topic. As well if you have suggestions, or just some impressions to share, this topic is open.

Studios are yours!

2. majoz,

Yo Aminiel, I've tried this new game and it seems to be a great fun! Thanks for your good work for us to have what new to play. This game is one of those where the situation can turn around very quickly, and the almost winning duck can suddenly find themselves at the bottom of the list of racers.
I would like to report a bug, allthough I don't know how could it happen. It seems that at the square #20, there was told to be a question, but for some reason it didn't show up. It has shown up only for the second time when one of us entered it. I paste the reports for you below. Cheers and stay well, majoz over and out.

You throw the die: 2
You advance 2 squares.
Square #20: Children's nest
It's Dayan's turn.

Adventure-Time uses a card Tiny help on majoz.
Adventure-Time steals you 2 feathers.
You advance 1 squares.
Square #20: Children's nest
A question will be asked for 6 feathers in category Sport.
What is the fastest recorded speed of a badminton shuttle?
Dayan gave the wrong answer.
Right answer!
You get 6 feathers.
Adventure-Time gave the right answer.
Adventure-Time gets 6 feathers.

3. Nikola,

Hello Aminiel. Thanks to the entire team for a great game, and for providing something unique. It's a pleasure to be able to play it. If I might suggest one thing. When a quiz party question is displayed, let us find out the remaining time with the T key instead of saying who is playing.

4. Adventure-Time,

Hello!
Many, many thanks to all of you for working hard in the last couple of weeks, for not losing your creativity and positive mood and for releasing such a fantastic game. You know, it's great that at least the ducks can go take a walk or have a race in this beautiful weather, whilst we are forced to stay sheltered in our nests. :D You guys rock! Kudos.

5. Fawaz,

Hello!
Great game, Thanks for the amazing work and for the amazing platform.
When someone is frozen says : "he's thrown back to the last place!"
What exactly means here by last place?
thanks again,
best regards

6. MuhammadHajjar,

Just wanted to step in and say thank you, for the awesome work you've put into this. Such new releases are needed in our current situation so let me here express my great gratitude, as I can consider this game to be one of my favorites in this amazing platform. Thanks again

7. YNWA,

A few observations.

I think there will be more boards available given time.

I think this is a great use of the Quiz Party database as there is more than enough questions for Quiz Party to go around and as this is something different it will attract a greater playing pool.

It is interesting to note that bots are able to answer the questions unlike Quiz Party. Playing with bots will help me find more errors.

Dernière édition par YNWA, 05.04.2020 17:20

8. Kristen_Star,

hello. the game is very interesting, but when will it be translated into Russian? and what is the point of publishing it on a Russian-language server in French?

9. Nikola,

Hello. I have observed one bug just now. While playing with a bot, the bot lost all feathers and was frozen. I have tried using the card paid service by mistake, and instead of simply not displaying any targets and not allowing me to use the card, the Playroom instead said "You use a card Paid service on null."
Then I reconnected, and the game seemed to function as normal, with the exception of that card being lost. With some more testing I noticed this actually happens with any card that can target other players but not yourself, so if the other player is frozen, the card is discarded with that message and you are reconnected.

10. Aminiel,

Hello,

Thank you very much for your encouraging messages and your bug reports.

When someone is frozen says : "he's thrown back to the last place!"
What exactly means here by last place?

In fact it's a translation error. You are no longer thrown to the last place, but frozen at your current position instead. Sorry! I will update this.

hello. the game is very interesting, but when will it be translated into Russian? and what is the point of publishing it on a Russian-language server in
French?

We released the game very quickly and we alerted translators far too late to be on time. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

11. lord-of-Lightning ,

love this game.
thanks for making it

12. Cristina ,

Hello Aminiel, thank you for this awesome game!
It's really fun to play it although the right answer of many questions would be known maybe only by british players.
Except this little inconvenience, everything else is great about this game.
Very nice team work with a such great result, congratulations!
Kind regards!

13. Myszojelen,

Hello. Thank you for another great, entertaining title to play. We were just trying to play a game with seven players. At random points in time, after one of the players threw the die, the throw is registered but the game simply won't progress further, there is no result of the throw and we're stuck. Is that a known one or how can we help in debugging that? Thanks in advance for the response.

14. Radiant,

it's really a great game, waiting for more boards to explore. there's one doubt I have. sometimes the bots takes so much time to play their turn, is it suppose to happen? thanks.

15. CathyAnne,

Great game, nice work! I really like it. please add checkers to the platform if you are able to do that.

16. YNWA,

I love the boxing sound of the bell when there is a duel.

17. unolover,

i love this game this so cool

18. YNWA,

"It's really fun to play it although the right answer of many questions would be known maybe only by british players.
Except this little inconvenience, everything else is great about this game"

This statement is unfair and factually inaccurate. As we have American, Australian, South African and other questions from/about English speaking countries. Some categories such as television related questions as I have said in previous posts are naturally more likely to be English/American. Geography by the name of its category mostly will relate to places all around the world . Nature is also a category which is a world one. I don't see Lions, tigers and bears roaming round the town fortunately unless in fancy dress. Cooking is world wide much to my surprise but those are the questions that would be asked in English quizzes. Art is another category that I would say relates to the whole world. Sometimes it is the luck of the draw but if you play enough you may see some Romanian questions but naturally it won't be the same as a Romanian quiz party. English speakers will have some advantage but I would like to think people have some world knowledge.

19. Cristina ,

Forgive my boldness, but I was not attacking like you do Ynwa, I simply said my opinion about the questions.
So, no need to say things like: "Sometimes it is the luck of the draw but if you play enough you may see some Romanian questions but naturally it won't be the same as a Romanian quiz party. English speakers will have some advantage but I would like to think people have some world knowledge. ".
You say all this while you are validator in quiz party team and you should know very well that very few of all those questions I've submitted are related to Romania.
I submitted questions based on my general knowledge, looking for the alternative answers on internet, but not for the right answer.
I did not buy books and scanned them like you did just to submit a large amount of questions wanting to prove you would be the best in doing your job.
It's unfair or not, but this is the truth, the answers of many questions can be known maybe only by british players and it is not due to the poor knowledge of the other players.
It is just because there are more questions which are related to british culture or so.
Moreover, I think i did nothing wrong by saying about that little inconvenience even if you took it in a bad way.
So, chill out and stop attacking the people saying about us who would not know the answer of those questions, that our knowledge is poor.

Score: +1

Dernière édition par Cristina , 06.04.2020 13:09

20. majoz,

Yo everyone, just wanted to step in and report that the questions not showing up bug still persists, on the square #20 but also on the square #7. Stay well and chilled out everyone, no need to raise your virtual voices on here. :) Majoz over and out.

21. YNWA,

You said they were only British which is untrue. Books are not only sold In England but Canada and the US and they were not all written by British people. If you take cinema for example then most films are from Hollywood which is in California not London. For the record I didn't comment on questions you sent which most to be honest were very good hence being accepted. You can't please people all of the time so I won't try. All I have ever done is act in the best interest of the Quiz for the PR. All I ask is you not write fake news.

Dernière édition par YNWA, 06.04.2020 14:32

22. Qais,

Hello, it seems for me that the bug of not getting the question when stopping on square 7 or 20 has been fixed, I appreciate your hard work. Thanks for creating this great game.

23. Lemonade,

Here's something else to report, although admittedly it's not critical. If opponents play certain cards, it doesn't show you all the effects. For example:
Superman uses a card Lunch on Superman.
Skip 2 turns
It's your turn.
This card also gives feathers, but it's not displayed here. I'm not 100% sure, but I think this only goes for other players using it.

24. Fawaz,

Hi again,
Bbtw I wish when someone drops a card it announce the square number beside the square name.
x drops glue on deep water (18)
or somethin like that.
thanks.

25. Naday,

Hello.

The bug hasn't been fixed. It just sometimes works, sometimes not.

26. Jahreindota,

I think this's the best game in the playroom

27. CathyAnne,

Well, why not creating our own boards! For example, I could create one for myself called Bath Toys and save it once that function is activated.
Also, I can do different things with it.

28. Cristina ,

I wanna report something had happened hen I played with someone.
I think that player should have been frozen because his duck had not feather left.
Maybe it is a bug.
I copied and here it is:
"PoeticPronouns: 0 feathers, square 27/30, lap 6/6, 4 cards in hand."
Even if it was like that he could continue to play, he did not get frozen.

29. Marina,

Hello, He can have 0 feathers and still play, he would only get frozen if he had to pay a feather, so for example if someone has stolen from him using a card, or from the squares of the bord or from a dropped card.
So only in this case it would be a bug but your history didn't show, so maybe you can confirm that none of these happened?

30. Naday,

Another bug.
At first, not sure how bots are supposed to answer QP questions. And at second... It can be explained by itself. I'll post the game history on here:
The game is starting.
Everybody receive 3 cards
It's Newby player's turn.
Newby player uses a card Winning die on Newby player.
Newby player now plays with a die 12 for 3 turns.
Newby player throws the die: 9
Newby player flies over square Forest edge: Take 1 feathers
Newby player gets 1 feathers.
Newby player advances 9 squares.
Square #9: Reed path
It's your turn.
You use a card Card rub on Newby player.
You steal 1 cards from Newby player.
You throw the die: 5
You fly over square Forest edge: Take 1 feathers
You get 1 feathers.
You advance 5 squares.
Square #5: Diving board
It's time to take a run up.
You get 1 feathers.
Draw 1 cards
Newby player uses a card Interested help on Dayan.
Newby player steals you 3 feathers.
You advance 2 squares.
Square #7: Children's nest
A question will be asked for 4 feathers in category Tradition and beliefs.
The Pythian Games were held in honour of which Greek god?
Newby player throws the die: 12
Wrong answer!
It isn't your turn.
Newby player gave the right answer.
Newby player gets 4 feathers.
Newby player advances 12 squares.
Square #21: Nenuphar
Skip 1 turns
It's your turn.

As you could see, first he rolled the die and then he answered to the question so it can be confusing.

95 messages, 4 pages: 1  2 3 4 ↖ Retour à la liste des sujets

Répondre au sujet

Vous devez être connecté pour pouvoir poster.