Life as a blind person. Tips, tricks...

81 messaggi, 3 pagine:  1 23 ↖ Torna alla lista degli argomenti

Punteggio: +13

61. Fawaz,

Liquid Indicator is one of the best thing I've ever purchased. it costs like 9 dollars. Just try to get it if you can afford it, you wouldn't think about putting your fingers in the drinks again.
Other methods may work yes, but it depends on the material etc. I have seen coffee cups where you wouldn't feel the tempriture from the outside.
But before I had one, I used those methods too.

Punteggio: +2

62. glad,

whenever I go to functions its like bufay we have to hold the plate wile standing and eat our food. Its not possible for me to hold the plate and look at the foods in the plate. is there a way for this problem mostly I have to ask for a table its inconviniont for others as tables are not available.

Punteggio: +0

63. MIG21,

YOU KNOW, I'M VERY BAD AT LIFE SKILLS, AND I'M TRYING TO IMPROVE THEM.

64. godfather,

@Aayushi Yeah it's annoying; I use one hand to hold plate other to explore, though then you can't hold anyone you have to let others guide you around. I guess I'm more used to it because these types of functions happen a lot in our country yes but even more so in my culture like every wedding will have something like this going on. That plus walking around in crouds with the plate in your hand, noisy crouds. So I'm used to it at this point. Honestly this isn't even as much of a blind thing. Like sure people can see what's on the plate, but they will still have to use a spoon or hand to eat the food and the other to hold it so it's mostly the same I think. They may have an easier time walking though since they know what's around them but for that especially in such areas since they are usually full of people you can estimate what's (or who's) in front of you, and walk slowly and carefully. Whenever you can get assistance; do so.

65. glad,

thanks for your sujestions and ideas

Ultima edizione da glad, 08.07.2024 13:33:15

66. glad,

how do you explore the mall mostly I get lost when the mall has 3 or 4 flors. How do you find a shop like if you want to buy shoos I mostly get lost. and the axelators and lift are placed in a confusing manor. which one goes up and down its hard to figure out.

67. Emerald,

You need to get sighted help first. Mostly have someone explain how the place is located and where is where like the shoe shop is on the ground floor next to a flower shop. Then make landmarks using different senses. If it’s next to flowers and on the left side you will know to stay on the left, and you could say, smell the flowers s. Shoe shops normally have a specific smell of new shoes but not all. You could also listen out to see if you reconize music, sounds etc.
Its how you map things in your head and good cane skills.

68. glad,

how do you book cabs using uber

69. godfather,

I mean, normally? The ap should be accessible in my experience, on mobile web... it's workable but mobile it's fine aside from a few querks that are really annoying, but not deal breaking.

70. Emerald,

By using voice over or talk back or whatever software you’re using on the mobile phone. It should be straight forward from there example: you see destination, put in destination. Confirm which Uber you want and the pick up location, confirm and pay then wait. It will tell you where the driver is at and when it arrives. Consider writing to the Uber that you’re blind so it helps to find you.

71. gemmi,

uber is accessible with talkback. though it seems to me like it lags sometimes. the steps are similar told by emerald.

72. glad,

thanks I will try next time whenever I have to go out somewhere.

73. glad,

I have another question how do you move around in the temples as there are many people and you need to know the position of the idel to pray. If I use my cain I will bump people and it would very bad experience for all.

Ultima edizione da glad, 20.07.2024 18:05:24

74. Emerald,

Thats kind of a very personal question in the sense thaht we’re not fully understanding of religion. So it would be too hard to explain. I’m thinking the best bet is to take this off and into pm whenever you know someone who goes to Temples etc. no hate, just kind of hard to advise as we don’t know what the movements are, rules and regulations.

75. glad,

ok but I just ment like if you go to temples you stand in frunt of idles and join your hands and pray but if there are people there it would be difficult to position yourself no ritual I mean

76. Spongebob,

Adding up on the Uber topic.

After you book a cab and your ride has been accepted by a driver. If you explore at the upper half screen with your finger assuming that talk back is on you'll be able to see how far is the driver from your location. I.E. 500 meters away etc. This number continuously changes as the driver moves.

What I do is try to look for my cab after the number is less than 150 meters away. I'm not sure if the same works on IOS but on android it works.

77. Emerald,

Yes it works on IOS too and it reads the numbers automatically if you aren’t pressing on anything and have the app open.

78. Fawaz,

@glad, try aligning yourself with another person next to you?

79. glad,

is there a way put ingridients like in recipies it says salt 2 tea spoon or 2 table spoon. do I need to get spoons of different sizes to put accuratly.

Ultima edizione da glad, 17.08.2024 12:41:22

80. GracefulSwan,

Hi, folks. I am a blind woman, 31 years old. My blindness is due to an underdeveloped optic nerve, and I found out about my mental illness when I was 22. I feel as if blindness services in the area of career planning needs a serious overhaul. For instance, the man overseeing my interest inventory asked if I wanted to paint a room, but all I have is light perception. The interests I got matched with were animals, art, and humanitarian, but I feel blindness was treated like an afterthout. To make matters worse, I never worked before. Please point me to job search materials written by blind people, if possible. I know that employers should not discriminate, but I want to avoid burnout as well.

81. Quintin-Dziadkiewicz,

1 teaspoon and 1 table spoon are different so yes you would probably be better off getting spoons of different sizes. However, 1 teaspoon is 5 ml and 1 tablespoon is 15 ml so you can use 3 teaspoons in place of 1 tablespoon if needed but if you need it done the other way idk good luck

81 messaggi, 3 pagine:  1 23 ↖ Torna alla lista degli argomenti

Rispondere all'argomento

Devi aver loggato per postare.

Password dimenticata ? Crea un account