Golf points bugs

5 Mensagens, 1 Páginas:  1 ↖ Voltar a lista de tópicos

Pontuação: +0

1. crazy.musician,

I started playing Golf recently, and seem to be having difficulty understanding the scoring. I understand that groups of two, three or four, either consecutively or diagonally, it makes the points equate to 0. I recently had 3 tens in a row, side by side, two fives, and an ace and a jack, and a king. I understand that I should have had twelve points (ace for one, jack for eleven) but it calculated a total of 52 points. Any idea why it is doing this? Can this be fixed??

Thanks!

Pontuação: +0

2. Nikola,

Hello,
you are only missing one very important point:

It is absolutely correct that a pair, three of a kind or 4 of a kind would give 0 points, however, the rules also say that it has to be a complete row or column.
For example, if you have two tens side by side, but then to the right of them you have two queens, these cards won't count as 0, but will take their normal values.
On the other hand, sticking to the exact same example, if you had 4 tens across an entire row, that would give you 0.

Whether you need a pair, 3 or 4 of a kind will depend on the size of the board (how many cards you choose at the start of the game). In your example, it was a board with 8 cards, in other words, a 4X2 grid, so you could either make a 4 of a kind horizontally which will count as 0, or each pair of cards vertically would also count 0.

In terms of diagonal 0s, those will count only for square boards (i.e. 3X3, 4X4, etc)...

Hopefully that helps clarify the scoring.

Pontuação: +1

3. crazy.musician,

Hello,

Thank you so much for clarifying. The written game rules do not take this into account. It says that two, three or four of a kind, either vertically, horizontally, or vertically, equal 0; it was not indicated that the entire row or column needed to be involved. May I suggest an update to the game rules to clarify this?

4. Nikola,

Hello,
yes, this is already indicated in the rules. To quote the relevant part:

You should avoid as most as possible to have high cards in your tableau, but if you manage to form a pair, three or four of a kind, horizontally, vertically or diagonally in a complete row or column, then these cards no longer count. Ideally, you should of course try to prevent other players from doing such alignments.

The important phrase is in a complete row or column.

Best of luck with the game and hope you find it fun!

5. crazy.musician,

Thanks! Now that we understand the whole row or column thing, it makes more sense! It's a ton of fun!

5 Mensagens, 1 Páginas:  1 ↖ Voltar a lista de tópicos

Responder ao tópico

Você deve estar conectado para poder postar.

Esqueceu sua senha? Criar uma conta